1.Modern patio furniture: Modern patio furniture designs prioritize comfort, durability, and style, making it easy to create a beautiful and functional outdoor space that reflects your personal taste and lifestyle. Here are some pieces and styles to consider.
- Outdoor sectional sofas. Outdoor sectional sofas are becoming increasingly popular, offering ample seating and a comfortable place to relax with friends and family.
- Wicker and rattan furniture. Wicker and rattan furniture have always been popular in Florida due to their durability, versatility, and tropical style. These materials are now being used in modern designs that offer sleek lines and contemporary shapes.
- Metal furniture. Metal patio furniture is another popular choice for modern Florida patio designs. The most popular metals used for patio furniture include aluminum, stainless steel, and wrought iron, which are all known for their durability and weather resistance.
- Outdoor dining sets. Dining al fresco is a popular pastime in Florida, and outdoor dining sets are a must-have for any modern patio. These sets often feature large tables, comfortable chairs, and weather-resistant materials that can stand up to the elements.
- Bright colors and patterns. Bright colors and bold patterns are a fun and playful way to add personality to your backyard. From vibrant blue and green to bold geometric designs, these colors and patterns can help bring your outdoor space to life.
2.Poolscapes: Homeowners are increasingly adding unique items to their poolscape such as waterfalls, fountains, firebowls, and in-water cocktail tables and stools, to create a relaxing and luxurious poolside environment.
3.Coastal elements paired with native landscaping: With our sunny climate and proximity to the coast, many local homeowners opt for a coastal or tropical theme in their backyard designs. This can include features such as palm trees, river rock, seashells, and beach-inspired decor.
And speaking of palm trees, homeowners also tend to stick to native plants in their backyard designs since coastal Florida is home to a diverse range of native plants and wildlife. Native landscaping can also be a more sustainable and low-maintenance option.
4.Shade and cooling elements: There are many ways to bring shade and a refreshing breeze to your patio and backyard, making it a comfortable and enjoyable space to relax and entertain. Here are some ideas to help you create a more comfortable outdoor living space.
- Add shade structures. One of the most effective ways to create shade in your backyard is to add a shade structure such as a pergola, awning, or shade sail. These structures can provide relief from the sun and also add a stylish touch to your outdoor living space.
- Porch ceiling fans. Ceiling fans are a great way to keep the air moving and create a cool breeze in your backyard. Outdoor-rated ceiling fans are available in a variety of styles and can be installed on covered patios or porches.
- Plant trees. Planting trees in your backyard can help provide shade and also create a natural and serene environment. Trees such as oaks, maples, and palms are great options for local backyards, providing both shade and beauty.
- Add outdoor curtains. Outdoor curtains are a stylish and functional way to create shade and privacy in your backyard. They can be hung from your covered porch, pergola or awning, or even from a tree, and come in a variety of colors and styles.
- Misting systems. Misting systems can help cool down your outdoor space. These systems can be installed on a patio or pergola and come in a variety of sizes and styles.
5.Smart technology: Smart technology such as automated lighting, sound systems, and outdoor televisions are becoming more common in Florida backyard designs, making it easier for homeowners to enjoy their outdoor spaces year-round.
6.Impressive summer kitchens: Overall, a great summer kitchen should be functional, comfortable, and designed to accommodate you family’s needs. Here are some elements to consider when designing your own.
- Outdoor cooking appliances. A grill, smoker, or pizza oven are essential for preparing delicious meals outdoors.
- Countertops and workspace. Adequate space for food preparation, serving, and storage is necessary for a functional outdoor kitchen.
- Storage. Cabinets, shelves, and drawers to store cooking utensils, dishes, and other essentials.
- Refrigeration. A refrigerator or outdoor cooler is necessary to keep food and beverages cold.
- Sink and water supply. A sink with running water is useful for washing dishes, food, and hands.
- Lighting. Adequate lighting is essential for cooking and entertaining after dark.
- Seating area. Seating provides a place to enjoy meals and entertain guests.
- Shade and shelter. Shade from the sun and shelter from rain and wind are necessary to make the outdoor kitchen comfortable in all weather conditions.
If you’re ready to build your dream Florida home with an amazing backyard, give LifeStyle a call at (321) 727-8188 or stop by one of our model homes in Brevard and Indian River counties to get inspired.