Today is Valentine’s Day, and there are plenty of ways to celebrate that don’t involve waiting two hours to eat at an overpriced restaurant. In fact, you don’t even need to leave the comfort of your home to make the day special for you and your loved one.
If you haven’t already made plans, here are some simple and creative ideas to celebrate Valentine’s Day at home.
- Cook a meal together. From crafting a handmade pizza to grilling a tasty filet mignon, cooking a gourmet meal together can range from easy to impressive. If you need romantic recipe ideas, click here. Try chocolate-dipped strawberries for dessert, and don’t forget the champagne.
- Turn your master bathroom into an at-home spa. We bet it’s been a while since you’ve used that gorgeous Roman bathtub in your LifeStyle master bath. Turn this space into your own personal spa by clearing out the everyday clutter and replacing it robes, heated towels, and scented candles. Then relax and indulge in a nice long soak.
- Cozy up in front of your fireplace. If your LifeStyle home has a fireplace, Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to put it to use. Light it up, turn off the television, and play a few fun board games.
- Decorate with fresh flowers. Let love bloom throughout your home with fresh flowers. Beyond traditional red roses, there are other flower varieties sure to impress. Pink or purple tulips, orchids, or lilies are great options to flow an air of romance throughout your home. Here at LifeStyle, we love our neighbors at Designs of the Times who create stunning arrangements.
- Wine and beer tasting. Grab a few bottles of unique wines and craft beers have an at-home taste testing—no one is driving after all. Locally, you can pick up some small-batch selections at Petty’s Meat Market, Green Turtle Market, Lucky’s Market, The Mansion, Downtown Produce, Total Wine and More, and other locations.
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!