Ok, so we at LifeStyle Homes can think of many more than six reasons to support solar energy, but this is a great list put together by the American Solar Energy Society. Solar is an incredibly important technology and will drastically impact our society’s future. Take a look at the ASES’s list. Solar supporters, what other points would you like to add?
- Solar is a technology, not a fuel. Solar capacity and installations are increasing at a rapid rate with no signs of slowing down. Why? As this article puts it, it’s because solar is a technology, not a fuel. Think about it. Over time, technologies improve while prices decline. Not the case for fuels which rely on our planet’s depleting natural resources for generation.
- There is no associated air pollution by emissions. That’s right—no greenhouse gas emissions. Just clean, clean energy to help stop the spread of global warming and help improve the quality of air we all breathe.
- Solar energy is a renewable energy source. Solar is sustainable, unlike other types of fossil fuel energy sources which are limited. With each rising sun, solar technology gives us the ability to harness the free power of the sun and use it to cleanly, safely, effectively, and cheaply generate the power we need.
- Solar energy is available all over the world. You may be surprised to know that Germany is by far the world’s leader in solar installations, followed by Italy. This is because of Germany’s excellent solar subsidizing framework. In the U.S., California leads the pack in solar installations, also due to favorable statewide solar policies.
- Homeowners can reduce their overall expenses by going solar. This is a point that LifeStyle Homes has been driving home since we built the first solar-powered zero-energy homes on Florida’s East Coast back in 2010. To date, LifeStyle has sold more than 50 solar-powered homes, largely for this reason. Why fill the pockets of big oil executives when today you have the power to capture and harness the free energy of the sun to power your home?
- Solar essentially requires no water to operate. Solar energy—among other renewable energies—causes zero water pollution. Fossil fuel-derived energy sources—including coal mining and natural gas drilling—in comparison, not only requires large amounts of water, but also is a high water pollutant.
Again, this is only a short list of reasons that we at LifeStyle Homes support solar. Since our partners at the Florida Solar Energy Center (FSEC) exposed us to the power of solar in 2010, we have embraced it fully. If you are interested in learning more about solar, or living in a LifeStyle solar-powered home, feel free to read here or give us a shout at (321) 727-8188.